Using Rivers for inventory management and Drone Pads
These are many uses and benefits of rivers (The positive environmental impact of using barges on the river Thames revealed) But I recently thought of using barges on the rivers in big cities as :
- Floating warehouses for expedited delivery in crowded cities i.e. using optimised inventory management systems, Products can be stores at various locations on the river that enable easy delivery.
- Future landing pads for drone deliveries (this is apart from using the roofs of buildings).
- Collection point for products if implemented correctly close to the Riverboats \ Taxis\ Ferry’s (Thames Clippers).
- On a playful note this could also be used as a Hybrid floating Café \ product shop.
- The startup idea: if you lease\ buy barges convert them ,secure the mooring rights: rent them out to multiple companies that need inventory expedited. This provides drone landing-pads .