Using Rivers for inventory management and Drone Pads
These are many uses and benefits of rivers (The positive environmental impact of using barges on the river Thames revealed) But I recently thought of using barges on the rivers in big cities as :
- Floating warehouses for expedited delivery in crowded cities i.e. using optimised inventory management systems, Products can be stores at various locations on the river that enable easy delivery.
- Future landing pads for drone deliveries (this is apart from using the roofs of buildings).
- Collection point for products if implemented correctly close to the Riverboats \ Taxis\ Ferry’s (Thames Clippers).
- On a playful note this could also be used as a Hybrid floating Café \ product shop.
- The startup idea: if you lease\ buy barges convert them ,secure the mooring rights: rent them out to multiple companies that need inventory expedited. This provides drone landing-pads .
2 thoughts on “Using Rivers for inventory management and as Drone landing Pads”
Drone landing pads come in a lot of different sizes. You’ll have to address the size of the pad based on your drone. The most logical thing to do here is to look at your drone and decide the size of your landing pad based on your copter.
That’s an interesting idea. Have you explored it further? It would be interesting to know the main risks potential investors and strategic partners are most concerned about. In general, there is an inherent fear of large bodies of water amongst people, so innovative use of water surfaces as part of our day to day lives has remained fairly limited to areas such as sea transportation, fishing or water sports. This project could open up the door to more ideas on using water surfaces being generated. The impact on water pollution of any projects utilising surfaces of water must be considered thoroughly – projects should be mandated to implement plans to clean up current water pollution as well as preventing further water pollution.